There are five primary ways that Recovery Funds can be spent:
1. Support public health response: Fund COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare and certain public health and safety staff
2. Address negative economic impacts: Respond to economic harms to workers, families, small businesses, and nonprofits, or impacted industries and re-hiring of public sector workers
3. Replace public sector revenue loss: Use funds to provide government services to the extend of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
4. Premium pay for essential workers: Offer additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure. Funds can be used retroactively back to January 27, 2020.
5. Water, sewer and broadband infrastructure: Make necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, invest in wastewater and storm water infrastructure and provide unserved or underserved locations with new or expanded broadband access