HIICAP is the New York State Health Insurance Program (SHIP). It receives federal funding from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to operate a statewide network of local programs.
Our program provides clients in Warren and Hamilton Counties with accurate, objective assistance to understand Medicare options and issues, allowing them to make informed healthcare benefit decisions.
HIICAP helps people with Medicare, their representatives, and those soon to be eligible for Medicare. Information is also available on money saving Medicare strategies such as:
- List of Preventative Services offered to Medicare recipients at little or no cost.
- Applications for EPIC, New York State's Prescription Assistance Program which can help lower the costs of Part D medications.
- Information and application for the Medicare Savings Program. This is a Low Income Subsidy that helps eligible clients pay the Part B premium and lower the cost share for Part D plans and mediations.
- Income eligibility has been expanded for the Medicare Savings Program (MSP) in New York, which means individuals with Medicare who have an income up to $2,280 per month (couples up to $3077) may now be eligible. To assist you with your MSP outreach, education and counseling NYSOFA has created an MSP informational page.
- Click here to find out more information: https://aging.ny.gov/medicare-savings-program as well as link to the MSP application and a short video explaining the newly expanded income guidelines.
- To speak with a HIICAP counselor at the Warren/Hamilton Counties Office for the Aging please call 518-761-6347.
To get more information on the New York State HIICAP, go to
For help comparing, signing up for Medicare plans and getting answers to Medicare questions call 1-800-Medicare (633-4227) or go to www.Medicare.gov